Sunday, February 24, 2008

Michael Clayton

Remember when George Clooney was the bobble headed caped crusader chasing a frost bitten Arnold Schwarzenegger through the streets of Gotham City? Or how about Jo's boyfriend on Facts of Life? Now wait, I'm putting my finger to my lips on this one: Kevin Stark on the ill fated Street Hawk?(I loved that show!)


Apparently, neither does George.


I was skeptical of Mr. Clooney for the longest time, but over the last ten years, he's proven himself to be an exceptional actor and director(Confessions of a Dangerous Mind).


Which brings me to Michael Clayton.


Michael Clayton is the fixer of a law firm. The man who everyone turns to when they need a mess cleaned up, but when the firm's top lawyer, Arthur(played by Tom Wilkinson)becomes a whistleblower, Michael is called in. However, his life is on the line and this mess may be too much for Michael to clean up.


It's not a bad film, but I've never been into Court Room dramas, but George Clooney is great in this film.

Sometimes a little confusing and other times set ups aren't pay off for example, Michael Clayton being the single father falls flat. The gambling addiction never seeks counselling either.

Other than that, Michael Clayton proves to be another great George Clooney film.

***1/2
http://michaelclayton.warnerbros.com/#

No comments: